Poynter: Capturing Results Through Successful Social Media Headlines
You’ve written your story and now it’s time to promote it. Also, you’re working on another story, and you’d like input from your audience.
Social media can help you accomplish both.
But drawing in eyeballs to your content will require strategy. Much like a traditional news story, it all starts with a headline.
Politico social media editor Trevor Eischen recently shared insightful advice on how to craft social posts to drive site traffic and increase engagement. Eischen spoke for a Poynter webinar entitled, “How To Write Sharper Social Headlines.”
Who Doesn’t Love Sharper Headlines?
Eischen covered five areas in his talk.
- Tips and tricks to apply right away to help craft and package effective social headlines
- Twitter vs. Facebook and knowing what resonates with the audiences of the various social platforms
- Measuring and setting benchmarks of success of social posts
- What to steer clear of to keep your audience engaged
- How to make social posting a part of the newsgathering process from the beginning instead of as an afterthought
For more information, watch the full Poynter webinar.
Subscribe to Beyond Bylines to get media trends, journalist interviews, blogger profiles, and more sent right to your inbox.
Brett Simon is PR Newswire’s former director of audience relations and was a television reporter in her former life. Follow her @savsimon.