Need Holiday Content for Your Site? We Can Help.
While you might be watching your colleagues start off on their vacations or staycations, you’ve got more holiday feature writing to do. This annual deadline might not always lead to your most creative writing.
Thankfully, you’ve got a place to go: Start with the advance search tool on PR Newswire for Journalists and fill those empty spaces on your website with compelling holiday content.
When readying your news site for the holidays, we’ve got your covered.
New to PR Newswire for Journalists? Here are 7 steps for setting up your custom newsfeed.
News releases get creative.
Thanks to content marketing, news releases have become great vehicles for storytelling. Marketers and publicists know you’re pressed for time and low on staff through the new year, so they’re making releases easier than ever to use.
A quick search of recent releases uncovered these announcements, which can be used as stand-alone holiday pieces:
- GOBankingRates Reveals Their Smart Holiday Spending Guide
- The Toy Insider™ Experts Share Holiday Shopping Tips to Help You Avoid Supply Chain Issues in 2021
- Butterball Introduces the Turkey Talk-Line Taste Kitchen to Inspire Thanksgiving Hosts
- Struggling financially this year? Check out this guide to USPS Operation Santa
- Chester’s Chicken and Love’s Travel Stops Give Thanks to Truckers with First “Truckersgiving” Holiday Celebration
- SiriusXM Spreads Holiday Cheer with Launch of Most Holiday Music Channels Ever
Many releases come with art or graphics.
If you’re searching for high-resolution images and/or videos, you’re in luck – many releases sent via PR Newswire include multimedia elements, making them easy to download and add to your story.
Feel free to publish photos, logos, and videos without worrying about copyright issues. Everything on our newswire is fair game for use.
Here are just some of the images you might find if you search for holiday news on PR Newswire for Journalists:
Advance the story.
With the holidays come announcements that will likely cover:
Holiday Sales & Gift Guides
Organizations across a range of industries will be announcing new products and savings for consumers. And with 2021 being what it is, many of the holiday sales have been extended over several days/weeks or moved online, so it’s important to keep up with the latest announcements. If you’re putting together a deal guide, list of gift ideas, or holiday budgeting tips, a custom newsfeed on PR Newswire for Journalists will help you find the perfect holiday content to fit your needs.
- Target Reveals Savings for Black Friday Week, Available Nov. 21-27
- Celebrate The Holidays With Build-A-Bear Workshop® And Find The Perfect Personalized Gift For Everyone On Your List
- 2021 Holiday Gift Guide from White Castle Features 10 Tasty Gift Ideas for the Craver in Your Life
- eBay Launches ‘Refurbished’ Offering
Supply Chain Crisis
The ongoing supply chain issues are also a big topic this year, so keep an eye out for how it may be impacting gift shopping and deliveries.
- New for the Holidays: Prices, Shipping Rates and Dates
- Mercari Study Shows Americans Considering Secondhand Amidst Supply Chain Issues this Holiday Season
- Over 80% of Americans Concerned with Shipping Delays and Fraud This Holiday Season, New Loqate Study Reveals
- OfferUp’s 2021 Guide To Buying & Selling On Resale Apps Reveals Supply Chain Shortages Are Fueling A Surge In Resale Interest
The pandemic + holiday travel = plenty of travel industry updates. Whether it’s popular destinations, the reopening of borders, or canceled flights, you can expect regular travel-related press releases in your inbox.
- Holiday Travel Forecast: Expedia Reveals the Top Trending Destinations
- NYC, Paris, London Reign Supreme: Travelers Finally Returning to Iconic Cities This Winter
- Trade TVs for trips this Black Friday with a first-of-its-kind holiday travel gift guide
- Expedia releases 2022 travel hacks including the best time to book airfare and hotels
- Holiday Travel In 2021 To Increase With 70% Of Americans Planning To Take A Road Trip
Now, about that evergreen copy.
Say you’re a magazine writer and you closed your holiday gift-giving guide or round-ups months prior. You likely must continue updating your website.
So unless a major news event occurs, you’re probably still recycling the same ideas, tweaking them a bit, and adding a 2021 or 2022 label.
Need some evergreen ideas to start from? Try these:
- Acclaimed Parenting Expert Denise Daniels Offers Tips On Preparing Kids For A Holiday Season Like No Other
- A Little Common Sense Goes a Long Way for Happy Holidays
- Petco Helps Pet Parents Include Pets and Make Lasting Memories Throughout the Holiday Season
- 5 tips to avoid plumbing disasters during the holidays
- Thanksgiving Kitchen Features That Can Boost a Home’s Value
Need to follow up? That’s easy.
If you decide to make a few calls to add to and/or change some of the site content, finding a source to interview isn’t impossible, even at this time of year.
Every release that crosses our newswire comes with a media contact in the release. Email and phone numbers are standard, and these folks are ready for your questions.
Finally, if you’ve not already tried our ProfNet or HARO services, give them a try. There are thousands of sources available for interview at any time.