Lifestyle Vlogs to Follow for a Healthy, Productive 2022
Welcome to Blog Profiles! Each week, we select a topic and handful of blogs that do a great job contributing to the conversation. This week, we’re switching it up and recognizing a few of our favorite lifestyle vlogs to start off the new year right. Do you have a blog (or vlog) that deserves recognition? Tweet our writers at @BeyondBylines.
Cheers and welcome to the new year!
As we put a pin in the past and begin anew [calendar], it’s natural to take stock of one’s life. *Cue our feeds being saturated with promises of the “New Me.”*
So in that spirit, enjoy these vlogs from world-class creators that will help you be the best version of yourself in 2022. They’re producing actionable content full of tips that I’ll be implementing in the new year!
Content Creators to Follow for a Tidier New Year
Consider these picks a source of motivation to de-clutter your life.
- Clean My Space: With over 700 videos and 1.8M subscribers, Melissa Maker has been helping her subscribers clean, declutter, organize, and simplify since her YouTube debut in 2008.
- But First, Coffee: Kallie Branciforte, the beacon of light behind this brilliant channel, joined YouTube in 2013. With a focus on helping people to live a simpler life, her videos have racked up nearly 93 million views.
- Ava Jules: Ava films out of O’ahu, Hawaii, and this enterprising twenty-something has amassed a loyal fan base across social media, including 1.5 million YouTube subscribers. Her success comes as no surprise, as she’s been sharing/documenting her journey since 2013.
- Post I love: Deep Cleaning & Decluttering My Entire Life for 2022
- Malama Life: Sophie is the second islander to make this list and it’s making me consider taking a sabbatical to the great state of Hawaii because I’m picking up what they are putting down. As a matter of fact, I just joined the more than 300K subscribers of Sophie’s channel. If I can’t be on the beach, at least I can escape to a place of slow living and minimalism via Sophie’s new videos posted every Tuesday.
- Post I love: Instead of shopping, I’m decluttering. This is WHY
Takeaway: Set a timer. Get started, and you might be surprised by what you can accomplish in as little as 10 minutes.
Content Creators to Follow for a “Skin-tellectual” New Year
I recently had to book a trip to the dermatologist after a few hasty search results sparked an unshakable sense of impending doom. But fear not: All is well and I am officially six months into a consistent routine after realizing that skincare is self-care. What’s a better investment than your future well-being? These picks empower us to achieve a [sun-protected] glow from within.
- Doctorly: This channel is the intersection of wholesome banter and insightful, evidence-based skincare. Drs. Shah and Maxfield provide accurate, up-to-date information to their subscribers with a goal to educate rather than influence. That explains how this doctor duo has amassed nearly 400M views since starting in May 2020.
- Post I love: Doctor Reacts to Sun Burn
- Dr Dray: Dray is one of the most trusted faces in the derma space online, as a dermatologist and skincare enthusiast with nearly a quarter of a billion views on YouTube. The widely respected, board-certified dermatologist’s sign-off is “Don’t forget to sunscreen and subscribe,” so listen to what the good doctor says.
- Post I love: How much sunscreen & how often?
- Doctor Mike: Dr. Mikhail Varshavski D.O. is a board-certified family medicine doctor based in NYC. His cheeky, educational content has helped his channel garner over 1.3 billion views on YouTube.
- Post I love: The Most Controversial Medical “Reddit” Advice
Takeaway: Rain or shine, what better time than 2022 to make applying SPF30+ a must-do in your daily routine?
Content Creators to Follow for a Financially Savvy New Year
Now that we’re feeling liberated from the clutter and our skin is covered by daily SPF applications, it’s time to tackle our wallets. To complete today’s trifecta for treating ourselves better this year, consider these finance-focused picks.
- Nate O’Brien: Nate started his channel in 2016 and has well over a million subscribers tuning in for guidance on productivity, minimalism and personal finance. His success can be attributed to his honest approach to helping people achieve a sense of fulfillment and success that accompanies financial stability.
- Post I love: 10 Things I Stopped Buying
- Debt Free Millennials: Justine Nelson is a rockstar resource for anyone looking to crush their debt and live a payment-free life. Justine’s content hub is full of savvy guidance on everything from paying off those student loan debts to “conquering your biggest (and bad ass-iest) financial goals.”
- Ashlynne Eaton: Ashlynne was born in Canada and now lives in Charlotte, N.C. Her love of minimalism, drive for intentional living, and authentic storytelling abilities make this digital creator well-deserving of today’s shoutout.
Takeaway: Save before you spend!
Until Next Time,
P.S. Ever wonder how we come up with ideas for our blog profiles? Our handy list of industries and subjects on PR Newswire for Journalists stays top of mind. If you’re a blogger or journalist looking for lifestyle or wellness news, let us know. We can customize a newsfeed for you.
Cory Max Montoya is a National Account Director focused on Agency Relations. When he’s not empowering PR professionals, he can be found on the trail, down the digital rabbit hole, or with his Niece, who continues to remind him that life is a gift to be celebrated.