ESG News: 3 Press Release Trends from February
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) news is taking the newswire by storm as companies announce their major advancements and achievements in sustainability. Journalists who follow the latest ESG press releases from PR Newswire can help drive the conversation about which companies are leading the charge for meaningful change, and which ones have a ways to go.
Here are just a few ways we noticed companies announcing their ESG initiatives and progress in February.
1. Established Products Go Green
For companies that have long-standing products, sustainability measures are creating new opportunities to announce new or enhanced products. Decades-old companies are looking for ways to differentiate and compete with up-and-coming disruptors, and ESG is a fantastic way to win customer sentiment and shareholder attention.
Here are a few recent examples:
- Cole Haan introduced its first sustainable shoe to help compete with newcomers like Allbirds.
- Dial partnered with Plastic Bank Recycling Corporation, TerraCycle, and Solidaridad to help reduce plastic consumption across all products.
Customize your newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists to be alerted of press releases about new products, green tech and more.
2. Companies Give Back
Companies are taking every opportunity to give back to society and the environment. Charitable acts help boost brand awareness and build stronger ties to all stakeholders of a company, from customers to shareholders.
These companies announced developments on the social responsibility front:
- Blackbaud’s 2021 Charitable Giving Report showed a 9% year-over-year increase in US-based charitable giving to $46 billion.
- General Motors is dedicating $50 million to its Climate Equity Fund – a charitable endeavor that seeks to create a carbon-neutral future.
Don’t miss out on the latest Corporate Social Responsibility news.
3. ESG News at the Ready
Many public and private companies are scrambling to get the message out on their ESG efforts in 2022. Some are announcing new sustainability initiatives while others are showcasing their inclusion on top ESG lists from major publications and institutional investors. All these efforts are leading toward one critical aspect: readiness.
Companies are not taking a “wait-and-see” approach to ESG. Instead, public companies (and private organizations on the cusp of making a public debut) are making strong efforts in ESG disclosure to satisfy several demands.
These public companies are just a few that distributed releases in February about their advances in ESG:
- DFIN noted in its ESG Pulse Report that 90% of business leaders are unprepared for upcoming ESG reporting requirements.
- Republic Services was named to Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies List for 2022.
Organizations may have their ESG news at the ready, but are you set up to stay in the know? We know journalists are busy and that’s where PR Newswire for Journalists can help. Create your custom newsfeed to be alerted about these kinds of releases on the schedule that works best for you. Whether you’re looking for story ideas, quotes, or experts to connect with, there are multiple ways to utilize press releases for your next story.