ESG News: Press Release Trends in May 2022
Sustainability trends continue to shift in 2022 as companies get creative with their advancements in ESG. Those advancements and trends are reflected in their press releases.
PR Newswire for Journalists can help journalists, bloggers and freelancers stay on top of ESG news and capture new sustainability insights for their stories.
To give you an idea of the types of announcements we’re seeing, here are a few of the ESG news trends we noticed in press releases sent via PR Newswire in the month of May.
1. A Focus on Growth (Not Just Financially)
Charitable acts don’t have to be just for people. Companies are helping planet Earth by refreshing the lungs of the world and committing to replanting trees across the globe. These efforts help strengthen the environmental cause of a company and provide more awareness to stakeholder groups.
Here are a few recent examples:
- Stericycle committed $100,000 to the Arbor Day Foundation helping to replant trees.
- Kraton collaborated with Tree-Nation for a mission to plant thousands of pine trees this year.
2. Sharing is Caring
Corporations of all sizes are sharing best practices on sustainability, whether it’s decarbonization efforts or just how to approach challenges. Prioritizing sustainability can be difficult, but it pays to listen to other companies’ experiences and these insights are valued by peers and stakeholders.
Giving back was the name of the game for these companies’ recent press releases:
- Kellogg shared three critical strategies for facing challenges in the food business.
- Cortex released a guide with four pressing predictions for sustainability in commercial real estate.
3. Big Investments in ESG
Financial institutions are funding big projects related to sustainability. Whether it’s for affordable housing or improving infrastructure, financial institutions are making considerable investments in key areas that impact communities. These announcements share the level of investment and potential returns (both economically and socially) in an effort to meet sustainability goals and satisfy the needs of investors and greater stakeholders.
Here are a few ESG investment-related press releases you might have missed:
- Arcadia, a technology firm dedicated to fighting the climate crisis, raised $200 million from notable investors like JPMorgan’s Sustainable Growth Equity Team.
- Nuveen is launching an investment to address critical real estate sustainability concerns of inequality and climate change.
Best practices in the ESG field are still developing as many companies are just beginning their journey in sustainability. Knowledge, investment and charity all work toward creating a healthy environment, and companies are setting a helping tone by offering up ways to enrich all parties when it comes to sustainability. This movement is all about rising up together, and what better way to do that than lifting up peers.