ESG News in October: 3 Trends You Might Have Missed
As we entered Q4, companies continued to send more ESG news announcements than ever before. The topics continued to be diverse, but certain trends emerged in October.
Here’s a look at three ways we noticed companies fine-tuning their ESG messaging in press releases sent via PR Newswire this month.
1. Focusing on the “E” in ESG
The Yale Program on Climate Change Communications found in its project that overall, Americans are becoming more worried about global warming, more engaged with the issue, and more supportive of climate solutions.
These releases illustrate companies knowing their audience and offering their consumers ways to get involved with clear calls to action, smart links, and easily digestible actionable information that can make for quick work for journalists.
- Napa Valley Vintners Fundraising Begins for Reforestation and Wildfire Resiliency Efforts
- Ocean’s Halo Partners with Smile Compostable Solutions® for Sustainable Broth Pods
2. Putting the “S” in ESG
The second letter in the corporate world’s most popular acronym is also getting a lot of attention. Here are two releases that showcased great community outreach programs and the amount of dollars allocated to the “S” portion of ESG.
- FirstEnergy to Donate, Plant Nearly 1,000 Trees at Cleveland Metroparks Euclid Creek Reservation in October
- Florida Blue increases local investments in food security programs to more than $16 million
Companies continue to share news like this via press releases as a way to build legitimacy and improve commitments to customers and other stakeholders.
3. Tools to Track ESG Efforts
A recent Oracle global study found that 94% of people believe not enough progress has been made on sustainability and social efforts.
Measuring success can be overwhelming, for both companies looking to communicate progress and stakeholders or journalists monitoring those companies. As a result, we’re seeing more releases — such as the two below — focusing on tools to track corporate goals and specific ways to be proactive.
- Honeywell Launches Environmental Sustainability Index Showing Sustainability Leaders’ Sentiment on Past Progress and Future Expectations Towards Corporate Environmental Goals
- Chief Human Resource Officers Have an Additional Focus: ESG Issues
Stay Caught Up on ESG News
If you’d like to be in the know, add the ESG subject code to your PR Newswire for Journalists newsfeed to be notified of the latest announcements. If you need help or have questions, reach out to email@example.com. We’re ready to help customize your newsfeed.
Subscribe to Beyond Bylines to get media trends, journalist interviews, blogger profiles, and more sent right to your inbox.
Sarah Roberts is Director of Customer Content Services. In a previous life, she was a newspaper reporter in the Midwest before permanently retiring her snow shovel and moving to the Land of Enchantment. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, exploring the craft beer scene and petting all the dogs.